cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephvijay
Level 7

Regarding Mcafee Epo Upgrade

Hi Team,

My customer having the Mcafee Epo 5.3.1 and Products of Mcafee Agent 5.0.5, VSE 8.8 Patch 9, DLP 10.0 patch 2,But I need to Upgrade the Epo from 5.3.1 to 5.3.2 .Is it possible to do ugrade.Kindly give the solution and document also ASAP.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
securerick
Level 7

Re: Regarding Mcafee Epo Upgrade

Hi Jose,

You would have to look at the Supported Platforms for each of the mention products. For example McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for VirusScan Enterpr... is the Supported Platform document for VSE.
In that document you can see the ePO version each VSE patch supports, you can also see what Mcafee agent VSE patch 9 supports.

The Chart above confirms that VSE 8.8 Patch 9 is supported by 5.3.x And even EPO 5.9.

DLP - McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for Data Loss Prevent...

Mcafee Agent - McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for McAfee Agent and ...

Base on the information you provided all the products do support EPO 5.3.2 all tough your will need to make sure you costumers has DLP 10.2 with Hotfix1144868.

I recommend you review the upgrade checklist here- McAfee Corporate KB - ePolicy Orchestrator installation/patch upgrade checklist for known issues KB7...

Also review the Mcafee EPO supported platform Document- McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for ePolicy Orchestra...

0 Kudos
josephvijay
Level 7

Hi Securerick,

Before i have checked with this article and upgraded from Dlp 9.3 to 10.0.260.2 (https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27158/en_US/...

Yes i have given above everything is currently running setup in our environment with DLP 10.0.260.2. Is there any issue will happen after upgrading Epo 5.3.1 to 5.3.2  Kindly check and give solution ASAP.

0 Kudos
josephvijay
Level 7

Hi securerick,

Can you explain and give some solution regarding this issue,without any fail.

0 Kudos