cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently posted Buffer Overflow & Access Protection DAT has older version number?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Buffer Overflow & Access Protection DAT that has been posted on update.nai.com recently (11th of March) apparently has an older version number than the one before?

On October 9 2010 version 516 was released, and since March 11 version 493 is online. The result is that our ePO server does not download this version, which I would expect.

autoupdate.png

When you open vscan.bof, you'll see a number on the first line, which up till now correctly showed the version number of the vscan.bof file.

bof493.png

Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Recently posted Buffer Overflow & Access Protection DAT has older version number?

Jump to solution

The DAT team have confirmed that version 516 will be restored as of today's update - so you should see it in a few hours' time.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention

Regards -

Joe

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks for bringing this up - I am  investigating. I'll update when I have new information.

Thanks -

Joe

McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The DAT team have confirmed that version 516 will be restored as of today's update - so you should see it in a few hours' time.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention

Regards -

Joe

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.