cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently posted Buffer Overflow & Access Protection DAT has older version number?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Buffer Overflow & Access Protection DAT that has been posted on update.nai.com recently (11th of March) apparently has an older version number than the one before?

On October 9 2010 version 516 was released, and since March 11 version 493 is online. The result is that our ePO server does not download this version, which I would expect.

autoupdate.png

When you open vscan.bof, you'll see a number on the first line, which up till now correctly showed the version number of the vscan.bof file.

bof493.png

Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Recently posted Buffer Overflow & Access Protection DAT has older version number?

Jump to solution

The DAT team have confirmed that version 516 will be restored as of today's update - so you should see it in a few hours' time.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention

Regards -

Joe

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks for bringing this up - I am  investigating. I'll update when I have new information.

Thanks -

Joe

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The DAT team have confirmed that version 516 will be restored as of today's update - so you should see it in a few hours' time.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention

Regards -

Joe