cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot order if ePO and SQL Server are on two servers

Hi -

If the ePO application and databse are on two different boxes are there particular steps that should be followed if you want to reboot one or the other, or both boxes?  For example if I want to reboot the ePO application server can I just do it or do I need to first stop any services on the app or databse server?  Or if I want to install MS patches on both which would require both to be rebooted is there an order to follow?  Thanks.

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reboot order if ePO and SQL Server are on two servers

You can reboot epo and SQL boxes independently. Do remember when you reboot epo, missed server and client tasks won't run. You need to manually run them after the reboot.

Always follow the disadtdi recovery KB before you patch them. In case patching breaks the os, you can quickly restore the configuration of epo.

kylekat
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Once I bring down ePO services as well as remote agent handler, only then I restart application or DB servers. The services should be stopped in order too.

As far as I know order is Apache service, event parser and last Server service.

Highlighted
andrep1
Level 14
Message 4 of 5

It is prudent for the SQL server to be UP when the ePO services are loading... So I would suggest to reboot your SQL server before rebooting ePO/AH servers.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

To add to that, if you just need to reboot epo and not sql, there is nothing you need to do on the sql side of things.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?