cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-posting: McAfee Agent Deployment Fails

Hello Experts,

Hope you all doing great.

I am facing a strange issue while deploying agent over wifi.

We noticed that ping to the client machine from ePO is working fine but the admin$ share is not accessible when the machines connected through Wireless network thats why we wont able to deploy the agent on host machine, while on other hand deployment is successful if the machine connects through wired LAN network.

Also if I repeat Deploy Agent Task multiple times Agent successfully deploy on host machine.

I also Verified that :

- File and Print sharing is enabled

- Remote registry service is running

- Server service is running.

- No such a policy is created on access point for wifi users.

Please find log message for your reference attached.

Agent+Deploy Failed.png

Its clearly indicates that this issue is not related to ePO, and its due to some Network Related can anyone please help me out in this issue.

Thank You Fellas!

5 Replies

Re: Re-posting: McAfee Agent Deployment Fails

Very odd i think.

But maybe you have some problem with software-firewall (maybe Windows Firewall) on the clients? Maybe different categorization of company-network, public-network and private-network depending on if you are connected by wire or wireless? Normaly in that i case i would expect that deployment will never be successfull or will always work, but you said that when you try several times it may work.

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan

hello Daniel,

Thanks for ur reply, but windows firewall is off.

Okay,

are Wifi and cable-network split by a router / Firewall or is everythin in the same subnet?

Best regards
Dan

Cable network is connected to Linksys AP, and i guess subnet is same.

Okay, how long did you wait after switching to wifi before you tried to deploy your agent?

What are your settings for agent contact method? (menu -> configuration -> serversettings -> agent contact method)

Best regards
Dan