cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanfranconi
Level 7

Re-License McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator

Hello, I work in a Company A that is being bought by another Company B, as part of the integration process will remain the structure and architecture of the ePo installation belonging to Company A, so should I re license ePo Server and managed products:

ePo 4.6

Data Loss Prevention 9.2
Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8
McAfee Agent 4.6
Grpupshield 7

What should I do?

Can I change the registration key on ePo, do I have to change anything else? do I have to reinstall something?

I appreciate if you can tell me a link to a McAfee KB official documentation about it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16

Re: Re-License McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator

Hi alanfranconi, as far as I know you should maybe change your ePO license.

I'm saying "maybe" because if both companies have been merged into one then both grant numbers should go under the same company name

0 Kudos
alanfranconi
Level 7

So, I would just need to login to McAfee_Web with the Company_B NAI number, get the ePo Licence key, and aplly to the server as shown on the next imagechange_epo.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
rackroyd
Level 16

That sounds about right.

0 Kudos
alanfranconi
Level 7

Ok, and what about the managed products licence ? how do I re-licence VirusScan 8.8, and others...

Are there any McAfee KB ? I need to be sure to do everithing as needded in order to re-licence all McAfee products...

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
rackroyd
Level 16

You will need to discuss all that with Mcafee customer service directly, can't help you on forum with that - sorry.

Have your account number and grant Id(s) to hand as you'll most likely need that info.

0 Kudos