1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: How to Change a Manual Product Install to be ePO managed

Jump to solution

You can force deploy your agent over the installation and it will become managed.

See for example: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.0.6-installation-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUID-5BA4005... (look for forceinstall)

This can also be done via ePO if you add the system to the systemtree - select agent - deploy agents - then tick force install.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
4 Replies
Highlighted

How to Change a Manual Product Install to be ePO managed

Jump to solution
Hi, could someone tell me how I can change a manually installed Endpoint Security suite of products (v10.6) to become managed by the ePO please?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

You can force deploy your agent over the installation and it will become managed.

See for example: https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.0.6-installation-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUID-5BA4005... (look for forceinstall)

This can also be done via ePO if you add the system to the systemtree - select agent - deploy agents - then tick force install.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi thanks for your reply, I've only just seen it.

I'm in ePO, I don't see the options you mention, if I go to 'Systems' select the system I want to change, then click on the 'Actions' list box then select 'Agent' there's not a 'Deploy Agents' option that you mention.

regards

Chris

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

You're in the right place!

1.JPG

Was my reply helpful?
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.