cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomization window between two days

Jump to solution

Hello. I need some clarity here around randomization windows that spead across multiple days.

Is the randomization window limited to a 24 hour cycle? What I mean by that is, say if I have a task that is set to start on Monday at 8pm with a randomization of 6 hours. Does the task randomly run on Monday between 8pm and 2am (Tuesday), OR does the task randomly run on Monday between 8pm and 11:59pm?

Some McAfee techs have said one or the other, but which is correct? From my experience, the randomization window dosent care if it streches over to the following day. It just knows what the window is in hours and minutes.

Thoughts?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
wouterr
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Randomization window between two days

Jump to solution

from what i see in our environment randomisations have no problem passing the midnight mark. so in your case it should be Monday between 8pm and 2am (Tuesday)

Jump to solution

Confirmed with some addtiional testing. The McAfee tech was wrong. The randomization dosent care about what day it is. It can pass over to the next day just fine.

2 Replies
Highlighted
wouterr
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

from what i see in our environment randomisations have no problem passing the midnight mark. so in your case it should be Monday between 8pm and 2am (Tuesday)

Jump to solution

Confirmed with some addtiional testing. The McAfee tech was wrong. The randomization dosent care about what day it is. It can pass over to the next day just fine.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator