Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: Random SuperAgent Repository Replications keep failing on a daily basis

If services are stopping, I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee if you want to remain on that version.  However, there are a lot of fixes in later versions of the agent, some involving superagent functionality and services crashing on some versions of the agent.  You might want to try the latest version and extension and as a test, I would start with the ones that are more consistently failing and/or ones where the services are stopped or in stopping state.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Service gets hung; is it being scanned?  You may already know about McAfee Profiler; if not, it's a very useful tool in troubleshooting:

McAfee Profiler captures top processes and files that are accessed by the VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) On-Access Scanner (OAS). Based on the data collected, an administrator can choose files or processes to exclude from scanning to lessen the impact on the system.

https://support.mcafee.com/profiler

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers

Hi Tao - I have use profiles in the past but never got much out of it. I will look again. However, I don think this is anything to do with scanning. Its all about the client connections sitting on the SAgent repo and not closing I think. Could you maybe check your repos to make sure you can see the packages for all of them from ePO? Or run the repo report for the last 24 hours to make sure all are working. I would be interested to hear if you have the same issue or not.....its an easy thing to miss and just assume they are all OK.

Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Checked and did a spot check; SA's are replicating and packages are available ... client connections; I'm using a client task with " time for the client update task ( along with "Run missed task").

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community