Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: RSD Extension Upgrade Error

Java is installed in the ePO directory, it is part of the product. Some of the hotfix we get for epo just update JRE

I just applied the latest HF for ePO which fixed many Java bugs...I was hoping this HF would fix the RSD extension installation issue, but it didn't.  It was HF1124228.

Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 17

not the best approach, but remove existing and install new extension

I've thought about doing that, but am apprehensive in doing so because what if I can't re-install the prior extension after trying to install the most current extension?

I would be careful about doing that as well. Some applications really don't like their extensions pulled out from under them. Since it wouldn't be an update anymore there could be other issues that go along with it as well. Depending on your setup you could take a backup of your server and database before doing it and perform a restore if there are issues.

I would say to wait for the next extension update to hopefully solve the problem. Have you heard anything from support?

Highlighted

I have not.  I've had a ticket open with them for almost three weeks now.  Had a remote session with a McAfee technician for almost 2 hours and nothing got solved.  Now, they are escalating the issue to T3...

jessay
Level 7
Message 17 of 17

I know this thread is several months old but I am having the exact problem and was wondering what the solution was as I am experiencing it

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator