Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igor77
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

RSD 4.6, no more communication port.

Hello,

I configure my server communication port for rogue sensor on another port than default value. In RSD 4.5 Policy you can change the communication port but this behavior have disapeared in RSD 4.6 policy.

Anyone already change this parameter ?

6 Replies
igor77
Level 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: RSD 4.6, no more communication port.

Mcafee Support is working on this problem, no solution at the moment, so don't change default RDS port at the ePolicy installation or you will have some problems with your RDS agent to talk with your server.

I will update this post when i have some news from tier 2

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Did you change the port when you installed ePO or after? If you are trying to change the port post-install then you will need to follow KB68963.

igor77
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

We change this port when we installed ePO, and i know this KB, we already check the configuration and DB entry and all is fine. The problem is as you can see at the end of the KB :

"NOTE: You need to change the Rogue Sensor Detection port within the policy as well. After you change the port on the server, ensure the sensors are set to communicate using the new port."

That's what we can't do, because this parameter disepeared in RSD 4.6 Policy.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Hey igor77

I've been doing some research on this and indeed we have an issue that will require that KB to be updated. You indicated you currently have a ticket open with support could you please provide the SR number?

Thanks!

Would it possible to go to the registery and change it manually since it s not as part of the policy

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

No because the data is not stored in the registry rather its in the SQL DB.

You will need to contact support for the fix. I've written a SQL query that should clear it up but it has not been approved for public release yet (still in QA). Once its approved I'll update the KB but if you need a solution faster than that then open up an SR and we should be able to get it to you.