cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on distributed repositories and firewalls

I currently have two ePO 3.6.1 servers, server #1 running on an Internet connected VLAN, and server#2 running on a VLAN that is separated from the first by a firewall.

My question is, what would be the best way to allow server #2 to pull its updates from server #1? Which ports would have to be opened in the firewall to allow this communication, and how would I set up server #2 to pull from server #1?

Just can't seem to find an answer to this in the ePO documentation...

Thanks!

Mike
2 Replies
SergeM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

RE: Question on distributed repositories and firewalls

Anyone has set-up a distributed repository and can provide information on FW settings and such ?

RE: Question on distributed repositories and firewalls

This depends on what type of repository you want to use. I think if you are crossing a firewall you would want to use either an http or ftp repository. I would use ftp since its very easy to set up. With that the only port you should need is 21.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community