We are hosting our ePO database on a different server than the ePO installation. Right now it is authenticating with a domain account, we want it to use the SQL servers SA account and remove the domain account from SQL. When I change the account and password on the /config page for ePO, it tests sucessfully, then I hit apply and restart ePO services and remove the domain account from SQL. When I try to go and login to ePO it tells me there is an error and it cannot retrieve licensing information and will not allow me to log in. Is there somewhere else I need to edit the password for some licensing information? If I re-enable the domain account in SQL it starts working again even though it is authenticating with the SA password. Anyone have any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi ukdkbr, once you change user and password at the /core/config and saved the changes then have a look at c:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\db.properties to see if user and password have been really changed
That's a test I tried in some cases: if possible try to install SQL management studio Express on your ePO server and try to connect to your remote database using your SQL credentials (of course you can try to install it on a different computer)
Edit: sorry, didn't see it was working now so good for youEl mensaje fue editado por: ulyses31 on 14/02/12 18:45:47 CET
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center