cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukdkbr
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Question about changing ePO database password.

Jump to solution

We are hosting our ePO database on a different server than the ePO installation.  Right now it is authenticating with a domain account, we want it to use the SQL servers SA account and remove the domain account from SQL.  When I change the account and password on the /config page for ePO, it tests sucessfully, then I hit apply and restart ePO services and remove the domain account from SQL.  When I try to go and login to ePO it tells me there is an error and it cannot retrieve licensing information and will not allow me to log in.  Is there somewhere else I need to edit the password for some licensing information?  If I re-enable the domain account in SQL it starts working again even though it is authenticating with the SA password.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ukdkbr
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Re: Question about changing ePO database password.

Jump to solution

Hmm, ok I just went throught the whole process again and now it appears to be working .... odd.  Hopefully it's good to go now.

5 Replies
ukdkbr
Level 8
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

This is ePO 4.6, sorry.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi ukdkbr, once you change user and password at the /core/config and saved the changes then have a look at c:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\db.properties to see if user and password have been really changed

ukdkbr
Level 8
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, it was changed and showed the username as being the sql "sa" account.

ukdkbr
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hmm, ok I just went throught the whole process again and now it appears to be working .... odd.  Hopefully it's good to go now.

Jump to solution

That's a test I tried in some cases: if possible try to install SQL management studio Express on your ePO server and try to connect to your remote database using your SQL credentials (of course you can try to install it on a different computer)

Edit: sorry, didn't see it was working now so good for you

El mensaje fue editado por: ulyses31 on 14/02/12 18:45:47 CET
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community