Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coachz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Query with Wildcard to get all fields ?

Instead of explicitly putting each field in a query, is there a way to get all fields returned with a wildcard or such?

I'm currently doing something like this:

https://myserver/remote/core.executeQuery?target=RSDDetectedSystems&:output=terse&select=(select RSDDetectedSystems.FriendlyName RSDDetectedSystems.IPV4)

Thanks !

5 Replies
coachz
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

Re: Query with Wildcard to get all fields ?

5 days and no reply to what should be a very simple question ?   Where is the support in this forum please ???

I don't have much experience with using execute Query in the webAPI...however, I do know that wildcards are not supported by the API. This could be different for that particular command but the best way to find out would be to test it.

Highlighted

I just tested the following URL:

https://server:8443/remote/core.executeQuery?target=RSDDetectedSystems&:output=terse&select=(select *)

This was the response:

Error 0 :

Invalid column name:*

If that is not what you meant in your question please clarify. Otherwise, it does not look like this will work.

coachz
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Correct.  Typically I would do a    "select * from mytable"  and return all records.  I want to do the same thing on the EPO for each table.  Otherwise I'll have to resort to direct database access.  Thanks for any help.    

Direct access will be the way to go. Since the webAPI doesn't support wildcard characters, I don't believe there is a way to do this.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community