Did you mean: 
dread1
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Query ePO repository

Jump to solution

Hi!

I need to get information about repository package status (same as when you go to Master Repository page in ePO web client) Like this one: 

epo.PNG

I have no problems retreiving the package names and it's current version by REST API call... but I have no clue how to get the versions that are currently available (like the most recent ones) to compare it with the versions that I have in a repository. Is there any way to get that information?

Or I'm ready to go another way and get that information from a scheduled report. Is it possible to create a scheduled task that will load this information into a CSV file?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dread1
Level 8
Message 11 of 11

Re: Query ePO repository

Jump to solution

For  those who also might be interested:

The required data is located in 2 tables in SQL that you have to query:

1. EPOMasterCatalog table that contains info about master catalog packages (watch out for Current only records which can be selected by filtering Branch column)

2. EPOAvertContentUpdates table contains info about available updates on mcafee website.

EPOMasterCatalog  can be queried by ePO REST API, but EPOAvertContentUpdates  cannot. So you'll have to perform SQL query directly from the Database.

10 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Under Software manager/software catalog->under updates available. You will be able to see checked in version as well as latest available one.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
dread1
Level 8
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

I need to get it from an API call not from a GUI button 🙂

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

That information for what software is available would not be an option through api. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

There is no report or query for that, unfortunately.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

dread1
Level 8
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

I'm able to get some information for DAT files from http://update.nai.com/products/commonupdater/avvdat.ini

But I cannot find anything about Engines versions (minor ones).

Where this information is retrieved from? it exists in a front end... It means that it can be queried somehow. I only need to know where to get it from.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

engine version is in the same file:

[ENGINE-LV2]
EngineVersion=6000
FileName=avengine.zip
FilePath=/current/LV2SNENG1000/Engine/0000/
FileSize=3498614
MD5=d53d6ef37f3155736606170df320e6c0

[LV2-MD5]
610c34e8b3c06afcbdf16bcb1805ad5c  config.dat
ed4756ded6989a03c38ce4868a73bb4a  liblnxfv.so.4
d9e4c57833cfc5daff41963d1bb18211  signlic.txt

[ENGINE-L64]
EngineVersion=6000
FileName=avengine64.zip
FilePath=/current/LV2SNENG1000/Engine/0000/
FileSize=3592012
MD5=90834c175879d3055dd66877c8e3bca2

[L64-MD5]
3013d5bc7ccaece32f0cd73138b99fb8  config.dat
4a37fc3ab2ac435ececc492b9a4017db  liblnxfv.so.4
d9e4c57833cfc5daff41963d1bb18211  signlic.txt

[ENGINE-BS7]
EngineVersion=5600.1067
FileName=avengine32.zip
FilePath=/current/FSCANENG1000/Engine/0000/
FileSize=2279474
MD5=32156A8145E3EC7BA7581F1DFBF6E9FC

[BS7-MD5]

Was my reply helpful?

Tags (1)
dread1
Level 8
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

There is only information about MAJOR version here.

But there is no information bout the current build (minor version)

So for [ENGINE-LV2] there is a 6000 major version... but it's full version is 6000.8403. and if you try to search for it in this ini file i'll figure out that it's not mentioned anywhere.

And I looked in the /current/LV2SNENG1000/Engine/0000/ folder, and only way i can get it is to download the zip and query it from some system file... I'm looking for a little bit easier way.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

It isn't listed in the readme in the engine zip files either.  What is the need for finding the minor version?  I am not sure that changes with engine releases.

Was my reply helpful?

dread1
Level 8
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution
If you cannot find it it doesn't mean it's not there. And i did not said it's in the readme.
The need is that I must know if the current version in repository is the most recent available. And I aslo want to know exact number of it.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center