cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query did not return any results

Jump to solution

OK. I have had a look on this forum and found some useful information about debugging this particular problem, but its still not fixed.

Most queries I run I get the following:

'Query did not return any results'

I have the latest version of EPO installed and all the services are running as expected (I even rebooted them a good few times too see if that would do anything). One piece of advice was to copy the SQL queries and run them directly in the database, what a great idea. So I did this and the lots of results were returned - showing that the DB is collecting data as expected. So it seems like a problem between the Application collecting the data from the Database.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: Query did not return any results

Jump to solution

menu

user management

permission sets

create a set or use whats there and then add in data rights with the suboptions eg threat event log permission

7 Replies
djjava9
Level 11
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

what kind of queries are you running that dont return any results?  Are you applying some kind of filter to your query?

Jump to solution

Hello djjava9,

I'm running the standard queries with no filters or modifications what-so-ever; the one I can think of is Malware Detection query. This worked before but I think ever since we upgrade to 4.5 and on a new server it hasn't.

Thanks,

Dan

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

are you logged in as the admin user on epo, if you are logged in as a user with rights to the queries but not to the underlying data then this would cause this issue.

also if you are collecting compliance data are you running the server tasks to collect data ( generate records for compliance history task)

also do you have the right reporting modules checked in for the point products to allow them to be reported on

Message was edited by: tonyb99 on 14/07/10 10:44:27 IST

Jump to solution

OK logged is a admin and I can see the reports! So I need to grant access to the data for other users.... how do I do this? My account was recently given God rights on the EPO database as I needed to run the SQL queries but this obviously isn't enough...

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

menu

user management

permission sets

create a set or use whats there and then add in data rights with the suboptions eg threat event log permission

Jump to solution

Thank you very much Tony! Not sure why they were set but the permissions were actually holding the security rights BACK as all users are Global Admin, removed and now sorted. Thanks, Dan

Jump to solution

Thanks for this - even though my users were Group Admins, they didn't have rights to bunch of different things. Not sure which one allowed the queries to run.