cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Agent details for TPM presence

I'm trying to set up EPO so that it will deploy MNE to devices with an onboard TPM *and* Windows 10.

Is it possible to configure a EPO Query that can filter out systems that have TPMs available, or is that functionality just reserved/reported by the MNE client?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Query Agent details for TPM presence

TPM is a value returned by either MNE or Drive Encryption properties and wouldn't be available otherwise if one of those aren't installed on the client, unfortunately.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

I think it is windows value which we do not have that value in our filter option. However you can try the below workaround/suggestion.

* You can set the Custom props while installing McAfee Agent. 

Windows: frminst.exe /install=Agent /customProps1="prop1" /customProps2="prop2"......../customProps8="prop8"

* If you have already installed agent, you can set custom props manually or via EPO

• Windows: maconfig.exe -custom -prop1 "prop1" -prop2 "prop2".........-prop8 "prop8"

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.6.x-product-guide/page/GUID-DE594B53-0CEF-4FDD-8339-745A913FD...

* To set custom props via ePO, create a client Custom Properties, set the value and push it to client machine. 

* Followed by above process, create a Tag based on the value you set on client machine, then create a client deployment task to push MNE software.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

The problem with the custom props is that they would need to know which systems have tpm enabled in the bios.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Yes i agree.....

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community