cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python Mcafee Module - SSL error

Hello,

I have an isolated environment.

Im using python 2.7 and Im trying to connect to my epo server.

I put mcafee.py and urlquote.py in my python27 directory, but when Im trying to connect I get this error message:

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-01 at 10.57.23.jpeg

What can I do?

Thank you,

AgentsOfShield

1 Reply
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Python Mcafee Module - SSL error

Hi agents820,

😁To open, I need to be honest and say the scripting force is not a strong  with me!
(mostly to do with the hooves I have attached to my arms when I type,  so I'll take my 'professional hat' off and reply as a 'bod' with an interest in this.)

ePO 5.9 shipped with Python 2.6, you have 2.7, why do I mention this?
Well in ePO 5.9 the cipher suit used was updated and the older ones dropped/removed/deprecated, ePO does not use old ciphers anymore.

fyi:

How to update the cipher suite used by Apache and Tomcat in ePolicy Orchestrator to remove outdated ciphers
Technical Articles ID:   KB89291
      &
Transport Layer Security and cipher suite requirements for ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.x
Technical Articles ID:   KB91296

Which is where 2.6 and I believe 2.7 become important to note.

I had a search around and noted a post on a forum a post that put simply identified the ciphers as the source of the issue, an issue that v3 Python also has.

That post pointed to another forum which can be read in the below link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11696944/powershell-v3-invoke-webrequest-https-error

It offers a workaround to overcome this cipher situation with the older versions of Python, a condition I am assuming is where the 'Failed to reach the server ...' response stems from in your screen shot.

Anyone please do add anything to this, as I say scripting is not 'my thing', sorry!
(Hail hydra!) 😁

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community