Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Pushing Extra Dat on internet client

Jump to solution

Hi all,

i had a strange feedback on one topic and i want to share with you.

We are trying to deploy an extra dat on our clients. We have both intranet & internet clients. 

We have a DMZ Agent Handler to manage our internet client. We ask McAfee support as we were having some issue to push the extra dat and they said the following  :

"As discussed during the last call interaction, Those system which are not in-network need to connect with network to take Extra DAT which has been applied

In DMZ network agent handler take only Daily DAT version which is updated by McAfee."

It is true ? For what i understand DMZ AH is able to push some DAT, using a scheduled client task. Why could we not send ExtraDAT also ?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Pushing Extra Dat on internet client

Jump to solution

Hello @JLDT 

Thanks for your post.

"As discussed during the last call interaction, Those system which are not in-network need to connect with network to take Extra DAT which has been applied

In DMZ network agent handler take only Daily DAT version which is updated by McAfee."

That is not true.

The task should get triggered on the machines.

If the machines are in DMZ network for those use scheduled task and avoid using Run Client Task Now.

From where you get that information, If possible please provide me the information in Personal Message.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @JLDT 

Thanks for your post.

That is not true.

The task should get triggered on the machines.

If the machines are in DMZ network for those use scheduled task and avoid using Run Client Task Now.

From where you get that information, If possible please provide me the information in Personal Message.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

You are correct. ED also should be able to push from Agent Handler. In case, extra DAT is included in Regular DAT then it will ignore pushing ED.

To investigate, would suggest to open support case.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community