cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purge Task Never Ends

Jump to solution

I am running ePO 5.9.1 and the Purge event task runs indefinitely. I have reviewed other post an tried the fix action below and it appeared to work until I restarted the services or rebooted the server. Once that happens the task is back and it shows as if it picked up from where it left off. Additionally the other Server tasks stop running as soon as the purge task restarts.73922_attachImage.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: Purge Task Never Ends

Jump to solution

You don't need your grant number to get to the kb's.  Some might require a login, but this doesn't.  

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84114

See also another KB that might apply to your situation.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90772

The type of issue you posted is totally fine, we are always willing to help where we can.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies

Jump to solution

After running the fix posted by ansarias we found that the task would restart after we restarted services or rebooted the server. we found the task was queued up in the OrionTaskQueueMT table so we added a step and it resolved the issue of the task restarting and preventing the other server tasks from starting. This is only a work around if anyone knows a permanent fix I would really appreciate it.

Task Clean up.JPG 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution
We normally don't recommend updating the task queue table manually unless absolutely necessary and if advised by us. The better option is to find root cause as to why it is not finishing. There is a known issue with that - see kb90772 and if that doesn't apply, check to see if the dbcleanup task is running properly - kb84114. You can find them at support.mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply unfortunately I cant access the KB articles you recommended. because I don't have access to the grant number that corresponds to our license. But I do appreciate the reply and won't post this type of material in the future.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

You don't need your grant number to get to the kb's.  Some might require a login, but this doesn't.  

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84114

See also another KB that might apply to your situation.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90772

The type of issue you posted is totally fine, we are always willing to help where we can.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community