Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Product deployment not working for one server client

I am trying to deploy VSE 8.8 using the same process that has worked for other servers on this network.  The system I'm trying to deploy to is Server 2003 R2 Enterprise 64-bit.

I deploy the agent through ePO and then apply tags that link to tasks that deploy VSE.  It works fine for other similar systems here.

I noticed issues form the start for this system.  When the agent is deployed, there is no McAfee icon in the task bar and there is no McAfee shown in the start menu.  I have already tried rebooting and reinstalling the agent.  The event log on the system shows that McAfee agent successfully installed and the ePO console shows the server as being in managed status, but there is still no McAfee icon or program group in the start menu.  I tried turing off the Windows firewall and it didn't solve anything.

The client task to deploy VSE 8.8 doesn't work, so I tried running a product deployment task manually and it shows the status of failed.  I don't see any reference to attempted installation of VSE in the event viewer of the server that it was deployed to.

Since nothing is being logged in the event viewer log, where I can I see what is causing these issues?

What are likely causes to these problems that would only affect 1 server instead of all?

on 8/14/12 11:15:28 AM CDT
4 Replies

Re: Product deployment not working for one server client

When you say manually are you speaking of installing VirusScan locally from the desktop of the server or are you trying to do this from an install on the network in a share?

web1b
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

I just mean running a client task product deployment from ePO manually instead of waiting for it to be done automaticaly from on the tags I had set up to trigger automatic installation..

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

For the scheduled task that's failing, check on the client machine itself: check in the agent log that the task is being invoked correctly. If not it means the client machine may not have received the task.

If it's being invoked but failing, check the mcscript log - there should be details of what's failing in there. Feel free to attach the files if you would like us to take a look.

HTH -

Joe

If you were to RDP to that machine and perform the installation manually do you get an error prompt that doesn't get relayed to ePO? I had a similar issue that because there was a UNC in the environment path would not install VSE 8.8, but there was no indication in ePO. I saw the issue on the local machine which allowed be to setup a work around in ePO to work through this issue on the few machines with this setup.