cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Product Deployments cannot be deleted

Jump to solution
I am running EPO 5.9.1. I am preparing to upgrade to EPO 5.10. I came across the following which I believe has been in a in place for some time. I noticed that under “Product Deployments” I have two “Deployments” that are listed with a status of “Invalid.” I cannot delete them and I want to get rid of them. Is there an easy way of doing this. When I try to delete them, the following error appears: The System could not delete the deployment or associated tasks and tags Properties of the Deployments include: Type: Continuous Status: Invalid Auto Update: Enabled No Groups or Tags Selected Multiple Packages are listed. Thank you sincerely.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Product Deployments cannot be deleted

Jump to solution

Are you able to edit it to fix the invalid state?  If you go to the client task catalog, mcafee agent, product deployment, under assignments, is it assigned anywhere? 

You can try this after ensuring you have good backup of epo database....

DELETE FROM EPODeployment WHERE Name='TaskName' - insert correct task name

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Depending on your version of epo, the table may be named epodeploymentmt

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Are you able to edit it to fix the invalid state?  If you go to the client task catalog, mcafee agent, product deployment, under assignments, is it assigned anywhere? 

You can try this after ensuring you have good backup of epo database....

DELETE FROM EPODeployment WHERE Name='TaskName' - insert correct task name

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Depending on your version of epo, the table may be named epodeploymentmt

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Hello, I was able to launch SQL Management Studio and connect to the EPO database. At that point, I selected Tables, then EPODeploymentMT. From there I was able to view and delete the references to the failed Product Deployments. I appreciate the information that you provided. Thank you
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator