cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problems with EndPoint Security Updates in ePO

I've been doing the usual ePO updates and hitting a persistent problem.

In "Updates Available", I'm being offered both:

• McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5 (9 Updates Available)
  • McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6 (9 Updates Available)

There are not 9 updates visible on either of them: 4 on 10.5 and 0 on 10.6. The 4 updates available are:

• Endpoint Security Firewall Patch
  • Endpoint Security Platform Patch
  • Endpoint Security Threat Prevention Patch
  • Endpoint Security Web Control Patch

They all list that the Available Version is 10.5.0.5 and the Check-In Version is 10.5.0.4. When I choose to update one of them, the error I get in the task log is:

Command Failed: Required package not found.

Failed to check in package 'Endpoint Security ' into branch 'Current'.

When I choose to check in one of them, another line entry is created with no update option but the previous line entry (old version of 10.5.0.4) remains with an update option. I remove 10.5.0.4 line entry and it reverts back to the original state.

I'm also confused as to why I'm being offered both 10.5 and 10.6.

My level of knowledge with ePO is enough to keep things ticking along on a day to day but not super in-depth. Our ePO version 5.9.1.

Suggestions on how I might resolve this?

2 Replies

Re: Problems with EndPoint Security Updates in ePO

Call tech support.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with EndPoint Security Updates in ePO

It can get confusing, so here is a quick run down.  If you have an older version of 10.5 checked in than is available, it will show updates available.  If you have any 10.6 checked in, it will show updates available also for 10.5 because 10.6 is newer.  If you have an older version in a different branch and a newer version in another branch, it will show updates available because you have an older version checked in. 

Sometimes it shows updates available for a bundle, but you can't see exactly which updates they are until you click on the bundle name - then it will list out the individual contents of the bundle and what needs updated. 

When there are bundles, it is preferable to check in the bundle, as with ens especially, there is an order that things need to be checked in, which the bundle does in the correct order.  That is why you might get a failure because a dependency is missing if you try to check them in manually.  The log should show you the dependency that is missing.

Let me know if that helps to clear up anything.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center