cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems registering a SQL Server

Hi All,

I'm trying to register a SQL server on my 5.9.1 server, but anything i do give me a "Test failed: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication." error.

Even when I try and use the same information that is on the <server>/core/config page !

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems registering a SQL Server

Hi malcolmchalmers,

Review this following article and ensure your setup matches it detail.

Ports needed by ePolicy Orchestrator for communication through a firewall
Technical Articles ID: KB66797

If the above is true for your estate then maybe this will help:

How to test SQL database connectivity using the test.udl file
Technical Articles ID: KB70929

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I swapped the NT credentials for SQL credentials and got it to work.

Not really what I want, but it will work for testing....

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Is the windows account also a local admin on the epo server?  If not, it needs to be.  Also, verify that the account has appropriate permissions on the sql server for the database.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.