Did you mean: 
tulhaum
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Problems after upgrade to VirusScan 8.8.1528 Patch 7

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

2 days ago I´ve upgraded my VirusScan version. The older version was 8.8.1445 patch 6 and was upgraded to 8.8.1528 patch 7.

After the upgrade, there are many machines reporting slow functioning of the operation system, in special, a longer wait time when try to reboot or shutdown the machine.

Some programs shows abnormal behavior, like the browsers Firefox and Chrome, running very slow. The instalation or removal of any softwares occurs in a very slow way too.

Is there someone else having this kind of trouble after patch 7 upgrade ? Some advise for the case?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tulhaum
Level 9
Message 9 of 11

Re: Problems after upgrade to VirusScan 8.8.1528 Patch 7

Jump to solution

The problem seems to be resolved. I needed to downgrade to VSE 8.8.1445 patch 6.

After the ePO install the 8.8.1445 patch 6, the clients seeks for P7 and upgrade. Everything works good doing this way.

10 Replies
tao
Level 13
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

You may consider trying McAfee Profiler:  The tool allows you to analyze activity by the VSE On-Access Scanner (OAS).  McAfee Profiler gather statistics on processes and files that are accessed by the VSE On-Access Scanner (OAS). This data can assist investigating performance issues and/or leveraging the Default/Low/Hi scanning profiles to create a configuration based on the data collected.

1) Install McAfee Profiler

2) Run McAfee Profiler for 10 - 15 minutes

3) Save/Review the "*.mpr"

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69683

tulhaum
Level 9
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

I´m trying to run McAfee Profiler but no success until now.

Sem título.png

I´ve noticed that some machines take so much time to install patch 7. A time between 30~40 minutes or more.

Jump to solution

Hi, any updates to this? I'm having the same kind of problem just after deploy the patch 7 update. As a workaround I start in safemode and stop all McAfee services. Then reboot the machines and login normally. Obviosly this is not a permanent solution but I don't know what else to do. Please help!

tulhaum
Level 9
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

No updates ;(
I´m trying to figure out since last week and nothing. The machines that remained and don´t upgraded to patch 7 are unable to do it. The instalation take more than hours and don´t complete. The log files sometimes doesn´t show any upgraded info nor a error message.

It is a extremely painful release.

tao
Level 13
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Sorry for the late response ... perhaps permission issues?

cdobol
Level 10
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Tulhaum,  I know this is an old issue but this KB applies to VS88P7 https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87281     It helped with our ENS issues.. it may help you with VS88P7.

andrep1
Level 14
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

is mcshield running ?

tulhaum
Level 9
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

The problem seems to be resolved. I needed to downgrade to VSE 8.8.1445 patch 6.

After the ePO install the 8.8.1445 patch 6, the clients seeks for P7 and upgrade. Everything works good doing this way.

Jump to solution

you should check the failing machines, that their agent is already on 5.0.2.188. Otherwise

upgrade agent, before upgrading VSE8.8.0 P7.