Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Problem with RSD task: "Delete Detected Systems"

Hello there,

I got an EPO server that I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.6.3 in a fine and smooth procedure.

I'm using the RSD, and it's works pretty well.

Now, i need to delete the detected system that are older then one week.

There is a build-in task for it, that works fantastic. But there is one, big, problem:

This task deletes also the exaptions! I don't want to delete the exaptions!

i tried to do many "tricks" to avoid this problem but for vain:

1) tried to query for the detected systems without exaption,and then delete.

but when i do that, i don't have the option to delete the detected systems.

2) i tried allso to query for the detected systems without exaption, immport them to system tree and then delete.

but the detected systems still remeines.

what sould i do? any suggestion on how to delete the detected system without the exaption ones?

thanks in advance,

Asaf.

P.S

it was the same on the EPO V4.0

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Problem with RSD task: "Delete Detected Systems"

I can only think of backend ways to do that:

---

delete from RSDDetectedSystemProperties where Exception <> 1

---

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Do you mean like an custom task and/or custom DB query?

My knowledge on ePO isn't so great.

Can you, maybe, hand me a link to an article about this, allegedly, custom task/ querys? Or anything that can help me to accomplish this task?

Because i really need a soultion for my problem.

P.S

Why the word "allegedly" is considers a wrong word on the spell check here?

Do i spell it right?

Highlighted

Its a custom query, I only know how to do this in the backend. Your SQL administrator should be able to perform/schedule it regularly.

Unfortunately Ive never seen documentation on this subject.

-KJ

Highlighted

I know this is an old post but do you remember if you ever found a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

It takes a couple of steps, but it can be done.  In epo go to new query, detected systems, choose detected systems as the type.  Results need to be in a table format.  You can put whatever columns there you want, but you can just leave the defaults.  In the filter, choose exceptions = false and detection source does not equal mcafee agent.  Save that query, then set up a server task to run that query.

For actions, they are limited, so choose export to file, and for my test I named it detectedsystems and file type as csv.  It will append the .csv when it exports it to file.  Choose a file location local to the epo server, not a network share.

You can then add a secondary action to load systems by file, choose that file name (detectedsystems.csv), then for sub action, delete systems.  Run the query you first created before deleting systems to ensure it is going to do what you want.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Thank you for the reply. I tried these steps and everything seem to work perfectly except for one thing. The rogue systems that show up on my query do not get deleted. It will delete other detected/managed systems but for some reason it will not delete my rogue systems. Do you know if the Delete sub action can delete rogues?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

It should - do they show up as having a system name?  What are the parameters in your query - you should only really need system name in the columns. When you run that query you created, do the rogues show up there?  Is there a filter in the query that is only looking for managed systems?  Check all the filters and everything in your query to ensure it returns the desired results.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community