cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EventParser.exe and disable AutoUpdate

Jump to solution

Hello to everyone, i have two questions:

1.Which is the task of the EventParser.exe process ?

Because i have one EPO and 4 branch office connected with a MPLS connection with 50 client for each one, and sometimes the connection is very slow and to free the connection i must restart the EventParser.exe process.

2. Is possible in a client disable the AutoUpdate?I want update my clients only with my wsus.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 14

Re: Problem with EventParser.exe and disable AutoUpdate

Jump to solution

You need to be looking in 'VSE -> General Options Policy' in ePO not the schedule of the task in the VirusScan console on the local machine.

The change needs to be made on the example screen below

disable.jpg

Changes made locally will all ways get over written by the ePO policy at every policy refresh or reboot.

Message was edited by: Tristan on 01/02/12 17:17:00 GMT
13 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi...

1) The eventparser process is responsible for taking events received by the ePO server, and writing them into the database. The eventparser talks to SQL, so I'm not sure how it is affecting the links to the branch offices

2) Yes, this is easy - you can turn off the default VirusScan autoupdate task in the VirusScan policy settings, under "General Options".

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Hi Joe and thanks for your answer

1)I don't think that is a problem of sql, because Is only one branch office that cause this...the other are ok

2)But in Epo is not possible?I did a snapshot

snapshot.jpg

Tristan
Level 15
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

You need to be looking in 'VSE -> General Options Policy' in ePO not the schedule of the task in the VirusScan console on the local machine.

The change needs to be made on the example screen below

disable.jpg

Changes made locally will all ways get over written by the ePO policy at every policy refresh or reboot.

Message was edited by: Tristan on 01/02/12 17:17:00 GMT

Jump to solution

Hi Tristan thanks for the answer,

but i don't have this option in my WSUS 4.6 build 1029....which version do you have?

Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

That would be because the setting is in ePO not WSUS. You said in your original post that you have ePO.

To make things clear ePO ( or ePolicy Orchestrator) is the McAfee management console where you have one single management point for all McAfee products deployed in your corporate environment.

Jump to solution

Sorry Tristan i wrote wrong, i have EPO v4.6 build 1029 and i don't see the option that you have posted...why?

Thanks

Tristan
Level 15
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

That's ok.

- Across the menu at the top of your ePO console the should be a 'policy catalogue' button. Select that.

- In the 'Product:' drop down select 'VirusScan Enterprise 8.8' (possibly 8.7)

- In the 'Catagory:' drop down select ' General Options Policies'

- Hopefully now you should have a short list of your policies.

- There should be a policy named 'My Default' if you've created other custom policies you'll need to make the same change to each of them

- Click on the policy name and you should get to the screen detailed in my previous post.

- Make the change, save the policy and send a wake up to your clients (or wait for an auto policy refresh)

Jump to solution

Sorry Trystan but In the 'product' there isn't 'VirusScan Enterprise 8.8/8.7" i have only McAfeeAgent and Rogue system...maybe i must import a xml file?opt.jpg

Tristan
Level 15
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Yes. Make sure you've checked in the product and it's management extension and reporting extension into ePO.

In 4.6 this can be done easily via the software manager.

- From the menu but select 'Software' and then select 'Software Manager'

- Find VSE 8.8 (or 8.7 depends on which one you have deployed) from there you'll be able to check in the management and reporting extensions.