Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TCash
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Problem updating CMA 5.02, 03 and 04 to CMA 5.05 or 5.06

I have about a 150 workstations out of 3500  that I just can't update their agents to the latest version. My end goal is to get all agents to current version, 5.06.  For these stragglers nothing seems to work. Tried going from 5.02 and 5.03 to 5.04 or 5.05 without success.  Client tasks have been unsuccessful and nothing short of a direct install on the workstation has been successful.Am I missing something?  Appreciate any thoughts on this.

ePO 5.33

Agent 5.06

Tim

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem updating CMA 5.02, 03 and 04 to CMA 5.05 or 5.06

Please provide all the relevant logs in the windows\temp\mcafeelogs folder (or %temp%\mcafeelogs depending on how it was installed).  There should be an agent msi install log, frminst log and an ma core install log for when the upgrade was attempted.  There is no way to know why it fails without the logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem updating CMA 5.02, 03 and 04 to CMA 5.05 or 5.06

TCash,

Forced a reboot after every update?  Run the current removal tool before attempting 5.0.6?  The good new is 5.0.6.220 is reasonably stable.

HTH,

DocB

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator