cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to perform UNC repository update server task on EPO 5.1.1

Hello,

I have the following problem to perform the UNC repository update Server Task on EPO 5.1.1 for two days. If I initiate a UNC repository sync that task will be added to server task protocol. The protocol is showing the status "Waiting..." for that task. In detailed Information is shown "another Server Task is running. But if I check the server task protocol again I can't find any other running server task within the last 7 days!

What's the problem regarding that issue? What can I try next? May be a restart of the EPO server will solve that Problem?

Greetings from Germany

Janni

8 Replies

Re: Problem to perform UNC repository update server task on EPO 5.1.1

I am suggesting you to restart the event parser service and try again

hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

thanks a lot for answer. I restarted the "McAfee Event parser service" and tried again. The same as before - "Waiting..."

Regards Janni

Hello hem,

thanks for feedback. The KB83384 describes a problem with "global" connection problems including Agent Wakeup Call-, Agent Deployment-, and AD sync problems. But we only have that "UNC repository sync "Waiting..."" problem. All other EPO tasks and services are running without trouble.  Now I have restarted the whole EPO application server and tested again. After restarting the UNC replication Task is running without problems. I hope that his problem was an single issue.

Best regards

Janni

Do as said bottom.

ePO 5.1 server tasks do not expire after reaching abort time.

Seems like true solution.

Actually those three services which is mentioned are enough to solve as well instead of restart system but this kb is solving this kind of issues globally.

Enjoy.

Hi,

as I wrote the problem was NOT that the "task do not expire...". The problem was that only the replication was on status "waiting..."

Regards Janni

Sure. I mentioned already that the 3 services which is connected to this issue is needed to restart and no need to restart the whole system.

Hi,

yes you are right. If the problem appears again (I hope not) I'll try to restart only the 3 McAfee Services to solve that issue temporary.

Regards Janni