cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem migrating epo 4.0 from Win2K to Win2008

Hi,

we want to upgrade our ePo from 4.0 to 4.6.

For that, I'm trying to migrate our existing epo4.0(P7) from an physical Windows 2000 Server (with SQL Server 2000) to a new VM with Windows 2008 Server (NOT R2!) (with SQL Server 2005 express).

But when after migrating as described in KB51438, I get error message when I want to take a look at "Software" in ePo and all updates to the repository are failing.

At the end I want to upgrade the migrated epo4.0 to epo 4.6.

Can anyone help?

Thx

Snake

5 Replies

Re: Problem migrating epo 4.0 from Win2K to Win2008

In addition to this, the master repository update failed every time.

I got the error message that the DAT for virus definition could not be checked in.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

What error message are you getting?

Thanks -

Joe

When I click on Software in the main overview I only get the message

"unerwarteter fehler" - "unexpected error"

When updating master repository I saw to different messages. At first there was the message that after checking the new definitions in a file could not be deleted, after another try the message after checking in the definition was "could not sign definition".

Thx

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

That type of error usually (but not always) indicates a problem in the database. Can you still access the Software section in the original ePO server? If so, then in the first place I would try the migration again and make sure you follow the steps exactly - if the problem still exists, you'll need to open a case with Support.

HTH -

Joe

Hi Joe,

I've done 2 complete installations following KB51438.

Still with the same problem.

One more question regarding to this:

My "old" system is a Win2K with SQL 2000 Server.

My "new" system is a Win2008 with SQL 2005 express.

I made the "dump" of the DB with the SQL Enterprise Manager on the SLQ2000 and tried to recover with SQL Management Studio 2005 Express on the new machine. Could this be the problem?

Thx

Snake