cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem deploying McAfee Agent 5.0.1 to Windows 7 Pro

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have an ePO 5.3 installation and I am trying to deply McAfee Agent 5.0.1 and I get the following error:

"Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found."

I am deploying with an user with full permissions on the remote machine.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mmcgary
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem deploying McAfee Agent 5.0.1 to Windows 7 Pro

Jump to solution

Open the Start Menu/Run command from the EPO server and type \\hostname\admin$ (hostname being the system's hostname that you are trying to deploy to)

You will most likely receive some kind of error because the admin$ share is inaccessible, either completely or because of the credentials used. Please follow this kb for prerequisites for deploying Agents:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB56386

6 Replies
mmcgary
Level 12
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Open the Start Menu/Run command from the EPO server and type \\hostname\admin$ (hostname being the system's hostname that you are trying to deploy to)

You will most likely receive some kind of error because the admin$ share is inaccessible, either completely or because of the credentials used. Please follow this kb for prerequisites for deploying Agents:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB56386

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help mmcgary.

Problem was Windows Firewall, now deployment runs.

But there is a strange thing: I get an error "Failed to access remote system registry, system error: The network path was not found", but in fact deployment ends succesfully and I can manage agent without problems. Will I have problems with that?

Thank you

mmcgary
Level 12
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

No that is a common error during successful deployment believe it or not. I don't know why exactly since the remote registry service is indeed required.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much

Jump to solution

What exactly was the "firewall problem"?

I turned the remote registry service from disabled to manual and that cleared the remote registry error.

Mine is now saying: start service failed, system error: overlapped i/o operation is in progress

And I still can't deploy the agent.

Thanks

Rick

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

There may be other installer running at the time, like Windows update, or maybe the agent is actually installing.  You would need to see event logs from the system to determine what is going on.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community