Did you mean: 
F-N
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 21

Problem: Deploying Agent with RSD with Epolicy 4.6

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using Epolicy 4.6 with Agent 4.5.1810 and VSE 8.8.0.777.

When i push the Agent to a Client it works well, but when i create a automated answer for the RSD it starts the Deployment but fails to install because of a access denied.

Error copying the file "C:\Windows\Temp\mfe435183640.tmp\FramePkg.exe" to \\XXXXXX\ADMIN$\FramePkg.exe. Systemerror: Access denied

I tripplechecked the User Credentials. I have administrator rights on the clients and as i wrote it works when i manually make the push trough epo.

Any hints?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilR
Level 12
Message 17 of 21

Re: Problem: Deploying Agent with RSD with Epolicy 4.6

Jump to solution

Install Extension and browse to c:\program files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Installer\ePO\extensions and select rsd.zip

20 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 21

Jump to solution

It seems that you can't access Admin$ share of the client machine which is pre-requisties for pushing the agent.

For the pre-requisites of agent deployment, please refer to KB#:KB56386.

From the ePO server, are you able to access Admin$ share of the client machine where you are trying to push the agent. Can we have screenshot?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
F-N
Level 7
Message 3 of 21

Jump to solution

I can access the Admin$ Share with the User Credentials i put into the push. The Epolicy Server is in another domain as the Client, so Access without User/Password prompt directly from epo is not possible. And as i said, it works when i use the same credentials but don't let it push automaticaly with automatic responses but manually over "push agent" in the rsd. Here is the Screenshot, maybe it helps even if my Epolicy is german 😉

Nachricht geändert durch F-N on 24.05.11 02:38:07 CDT
F-N
Level 7
Message 4 of 21

Jump to solution

I'm still looking for answers.

Any ideas?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 21

Jump to solution

I apologize but I can't understand the screenshot because it's in non-english. Some of other readers may be able to help.

on 25/5/11 8:12:46 PM IST
Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
F-N
Level 7
Message 6 of 21

Jump to solution

The screenshot wouldn't help at all.

The question is: Whats the difference between pushing an agent with automatic responses and pushing an agent manually? manually works, automatic does not although I'm doing exactly the same. This makes absolutley no sense ;(

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 21

Jump to solution

I will suggest to replace the RSD extension (delete and install it).

Before deleting it, please backup the  RSD policies, detected systems, exceptions,blacklist, server settings if you have any custom one.

If that is not resolving then please open a case with support.

Was my reply helpful?

jey
Level 7
Message 8 of 21

Jump to solution

Hi,

automated responses (AR) for RSD does not seem to work in EPO 4.6.

I have two installations of 4.6 and am not able to get a mail if RSD finds a rogue system.

Please see also https://community.mcafee.com/message/184656 - same problem there.

There is also a work-around for your problem.

Pfüti,

Jens

F-N
Level 7
Message 9 of 21

Jump to solution

So the workaround is to give the Epolicy Orchestrator Service a Domain Admin Account instead of the Standard System Account. I will try this one out today and report back.

Thank you for the hint @jey

Nachricht geändert durch F-N on 27.05.11 04:35:54 CDT

Jump to solution

Did you try to implement the solution you mentioned above , in  post # 8? Curious..

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator