cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Pilot v1.5.0.141 client agents not updating

Hi there

Would very much appreciate some some advice on a Pro Pilot issue, as I am a Pro Pilot newbie.

I have been tasked with managing a Pro Pilot install which has been neglected for some time, as evidenced by out of date Pro Pilot agents, different version of VirusScan Ent edition and out of date dats.

I have spent some time on this server now, and the dat definitons are now updating daily, and I have just about got rid of VirusSan 8.0, with most computers now running VirusScan 8.5.0.781

However, I still have three different versions of the Pro Pilot agent among the client computers:

3.6.0.453 Out of date
3.6.0.480 Out of date
3.6.0.595 Most up to date

I have tried to reinstall the Pro Pilot agent on the servers AFTER I checked in the latest Common Management Agent (3.6.0 Patch 3 and the Patch 3 Nap also) but although one or two are now showing agent version 3.6.0.595 the rest are still a mix of 3.6.0.453 and 3.6.0.480

I've tried to Update, Enforce and as I said re-install the agent but I'm not making much progress.

Is there something I can do to truly force the agents to update to the latest version available on the server?

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

JHH
2 Replies

RE: Pro Pilot v1.5.0.141 client agents not updating

Hi

I was having the same kind of problem.

The way I got round it was to check in Agent 4.0.0.1345 and after that nearly all of my problems went away.

I am also going through the same process as you trying to sort out a 1.1 server that hadn't been touched for over 18 months 'Arrgg'

Good Luck

RE: Pro Pilot v1.5.0.141 client agents not updating

if your PC's were well out of date, you could try pushing out a newer version of the frame.pkg. We moved to PrP 1.5 from 1.1 and some PC's just wouldn't update without a newer version of the frame.pkg. If they are domain PC's you could put it in the login script, that way all PC's get the update.

hope this helps
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.