cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Pilot v1.5.0.141 client agents not updating

Hi there

Would very much appreciate some some advice on a Pro Pilot issue, as I am a Pro Pilot newbie.

I have been tasked with managing a Pro Pilot install which has been neglected for some time, as evidenced by out of date Pro Pilot agents, different version of VirusScan Ent edition and out of date dats.

I have spent some time on this server now, and the dat definitons are now updating daily, and I have just about got rid of VirusSan 8.0, with most computers now running VirusScan 8.5.0.781

However, I still have three different versions of the Pro Pilot agent among the client computers:

3.6.0.453 Out of date
3.6.0.480 Out of date
3.6.0.595 Most up to date

I have tried to reinstall the Pro Pilot agent on the servers AFTER I checked in the latest Common Management Agent (3.6.0 Patch 3 and the Patch 3 Nap also) but although one or two are now showing agent version 3.6.0.595 the rest are still a mix of 3.6.0.453 and 3.6.0.480

I've tried to Update, Enforce and as I said re-install the agent but I'm not making much progress.

Is there something I can do to truly force the agents to update to the latest version available on the server?

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

JHH
2 Replies

RE: Pro Pilot v1.5.0.141 client agents not updating

Hi

I was having the same kind of problem.

The way I got round it was to check in Agent 4.0.0.1345 and after that nearly all of my problems went away.

I am also going through the same process as you trying to sort out a 1.1 server that hadn't been touched for over 18 months 'Arrgg'

Good Luck

RE: Pro Pilot v1.5.0.141 client agents not updating

if your PC's were well out of date, you could try pushing out a newer version of the frame.pkg. We moved to PrP 1.5 from 1.1 and some PC's just wouldn't update without a newer version of the frame.pkg. If they are domain PC's you could put it in the login script, that way all PC's get the update.

hope this helps