Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkokic
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Premissiosn set for Desktop Support to run scans remotely

Jump to solution
I would like to create/edit a Permission set for my Desktop Support to run scans remotely from the ePO server. I cannot seem to get access to Client Tasks. Please advise...
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Premissiosn set for Desktop Support to run scans remotely

Jump to solution

Hi rkokic,

Sorry to report but that is not the purpose or design of a 'Permission Set'.

Put simply a 'Permission Set' grants or denies a users access to 'features', it does not give a user (Admin or otherwise) the ability to run an 'action', a scan as the example.

To run a scan on any device will require a task for that product to run that 'action', that 'action' will offer the option (a schedule) to run the 'scan' as needed.

Hourly
daily
weekly
memory scan, etc

If you want this scan to run as a result of a event, a trigger you should look into 'Automatic Response', in ePO server.
These give you the option to take an action when a condition/criteria is met, such as a file detection (event) triggers a scan or signature update etc.

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.0 Product Guide (PD25504) - section 9, page 124...
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9 Product Guide - Rev. B (PD26914) - section 8, page 133...
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10 Product Guide (PD27630) - section 9, page 118...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Premissiosn set for Desktop Support to run scans remotely

Jump to solution

Hi rkokic,

Sorry to report but that is not the purpose or design of a 'Permission Set'.

Put simply a 'Permission Set' grants or denies a users access to 'features', it does not give a user (Admin or otherwise) the ability to run an 'action', a scan as the example.

To run a scan on any device will require a task for that product to run that 'action', that 'action' will offer the option (a schedule) to run the 'scan' as needed.

Hourly
daily
weekly
memory scan, etc

If you want this scan to run as a result of a event, a trigger you should look into 'Automatic Response', in ePO server.
These give you the option to take an action when a condition/criteria is met, such as a file detection (event) triggers a scan or signature update etc.

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.0 Product Guide (PD25504) - section 9, page 124...
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9 Product Guide - Rev. B (PD26914) - section 8, page 133...
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10 Product Guide (PD27630) - section 9, page 118...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community