cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy assignments not applying.

Looking at a system assigned policies (Directory Management > View Assigned Policies), it shows all the assigned policies.

There is one policy that shows as assigned but says not applied. After waiting the usual 5 minutes for policy enforcement, it still does not apply.

When would this policy actually apply? I know we can force it using an Agent Wakeup (with Force Policy Enforcement), but I'm looking for an auto enforce.

Is there an Agent Policy that says force policies on every refresh?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Policy assignments not applying.

You can create a new assigned agent wake up client task that runs on a schedule that you define. Assign it using tags or apply to the particular container in system tree. You can also modify the existing wake up task if you have one. Please see "Assigned Client Tasks" in System Tree.

When should an assigned policy actually apply?

Creating a task like this seems to be a work around. It should apply normally, if assigned - how long should it take for the policy to apply normally without any workaround?

Agent checks for new policies and tasks and downloads them during its scheduled agent to server communication interval (ASCI).

Agent to server communication time is configured in the McAfee Agent policy.

My agent policy has ASCI set for 5 minutes, but this doesn't apply the assigned policy (that has been set from a Tag) in that time.

Even doing a Check/Enforce new policies on the client device doesn't work in this case.

Only doing a "full" wake up from the server seems to apply the policy.