cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Creation

Hi all,

Forgive the probably easy question, i am still pretty new to the mcafee system.

I am running epo v4.0 patch 2 and i am trying to create a new policy to rollout to our company servers (which are in a group titled 'servers')

I go in and create the policy OK (basing it on the mcafee default). However, when i try to change the "settings for" drop-down box from workstation to server, the policy does not update and does not allow me to save (save button is greyed out). This means all my policies so far remain set to workstation depsite some of the policies actually being created specifically for server use.

Is there a way around this or am i doing something completely stupid here? Any help will be appreciated as this is the only thing stopping me from completing the setup of the mcafee epo setup

Cheers
Tags (1)
4 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

RE: Policy Creation

you go to server option using box THEN create the server policies and save, not the other way round

Thanks Tony,

On another look at the policy creation page, i realised the error of my ways and its all good now!

thanks again.
SergeM
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

Might be related or not. I have noticed that some functionality buttons didn't work (they were greyed out) when using Firefox for some reason...
It did work with IE so I was upset...

-S-
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 5

You mean they have finally started supporting firefox??
Last time I read it was just ie..