cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policies incorrectly applied to My Organisation when trying to apply to one machine

Jump to solution

I have seen this happen for many years but never really done anything about it. I have always assumed it was user error, but as the same time always suspected it might not be. Basically, we sometimes see policies getting applied to the My Org level when we believe we have only changed for one machine. We are super careful with this and the user that it happened to suffered the same experience not so long ago so it very very careful. A VSE Firewall policy was changed for one system. It applied at My Org level. Any others seen this kind of things over the years? We are currently 5.3.2.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Policies incorrectly applied to My Organisation when trying to apply to one machine

Jump to solution

5.3 will reach end of life March this year, so you might want to plan on upgrading.  This is a known issue and resolved in 5.9 hotfix 1241557 or 5.10 - see KB85924

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Policies incorrectly applied to My Organisation when trying to apply to one machine

Jump to solution

5.3 will reach end of life March this year, so you might want to plan on upgrading.  This is a known issue and resolved in 5.9 hotfix 1241557 or 5.10 - see KB85924

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community