cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policies Migration from ePO 4.0 to 4.6

Jump to solution

Hi!

I know this is an easy question, just wanted to make sure there's no extra steps envolved in my know-how.

I have an old console (about to be abandoned / deleted) which still has some systems being migrated.

Everything is done except there's a few policies that the old version has and the newest doesn't.

I know how to export a policy from 4.0 and import it to the 4.6, so, i'm just asking, if this is it, or is there any process in the middle I'm not familiar with ?

I only plan (for now) to migrate 1 policy based on APR (Access Protection Rules). So, it's just export on 4.0 and import on 4.6?

Thank you so much in advance for your time

MD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Policies Migration from ePO 4.0 to 4.6

Jump to solution

Correct. If product extension builds are correct then you should be able to export/import the policies.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Anyone please? I just need to confirm if this is it or there's any other steps envolved?

Highlighted
apoling
Level 14
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

personally I think this is all that you should do, since exporting creates an interim file that importing reads and puts the values to database fields (assuming it can match up each field in the file with those in the database) so I won't expect any more steps inbetween. Other than making sure the appropriate extensions should be the latest version in each version of ePO.

Attila

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Correct. If product extension builds are correct then you should be able to export/import the policies.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you so much both of you for confirming me this

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.