cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point single Linux agent 5.0.5 to correct ePO server

Jump to solution

I found a RHEL server on my network where the agent's EpoServerList was still pointed at the UAT ePO server, probably cloned VM image that was brought over to production without a look-over. Is there a way to change the ePO list from that host?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Point single Linux agent 5.0.5 to correct ePO server

Jump to solution

Are you sure the agent is able to reach the epo server?

CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28)

Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the agent from the other server?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Wu_Yuxuan,

Take a look at PD25187, section 4 page 53  offers the steps you need to use to swap from ePO server to another.

"This procedure can also be used to change which McAfee ePO server or Agent Handler McAfee Agent
communicates with."

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Hawkmoon,

Thanks, I tried that and got this error.

(9116.9116) network.Notice: URL(https://my_ePO_server/remote/RepositoryMgmt.PackageManagedAgentFilesCmd.do) request, failed with curl error 28, Response 0, Connect code 0,

(9116.9116) maconfig.Error: Downloading file from https://my_ePO_server/remote/RepositoryMgmt.PackageManagedAgentFilesCmd.do to /tmp/mcafeetmp/981257936 failed

(9116.9116) maconfig.Error: provision processing from epo failed.

maconfig operation failed with error <1007>

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Are you sure the agent is able to reach the epo server?

CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28)

Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the agent from the other server?

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution
Hi guys, I finally got the approval to perform agent reinstalls, and that fixed the problem. Might have been agent files getting corrupted at some point or another unknown issue compounding the problem. What I used was the agent deployment package from ePO at System Tree > New Systems > Create and download agent installation package, which includes the agent handler lists and would have solved that part of the problem nicely anyways. With this package I ran a fresh install for the affected system and it was able to connect to my ePO server properly after that.

Thanks cdinet and Hawkmoon!
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad you got it working!  That would have also been my next recommendation, to reinstall.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community