cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Placing ePO on an imaging server

I am new to ePO. Where are the install files located on the server? I am going to be creating an imaging server to be used with all new workstations and would like to add ePO to the imaging process so that I don't have to install each manually after creation. Thanks, CJ
3 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Placing ePO on an imaging server

ePO is management software and you don't need to include in system image.

You can include MA into system image (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84356).

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Please refer to the attached MA install guide starting on page 25 for how to include the agent on an image.  The instructions below are how to get the file package to install on the image, then you will need to run the maconfig command to remove the agent guid.  You don't want to restart the agent services or the system before finalizing the image, as the image should have no agent guid on it.

1 Select Menu | Systems | System Tree, then select New Systems.

2 Next to How to add systems, select Create and download agent installation package.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

forgot to add the guide...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community