cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ping button grayed out

Jump to solution

I have an ePO junior admin whose Ping button suddenly now is grayed out.  He has tried 3 different browsers.  No changes have been made to his permission set and the Wake Up agent button still functions.  Has anyone seen this?  There are also failed wakeup agent calls but I'm not sure if that is related to some overall system instability.  I restarted services but the button is still grayed out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Re: Ping button grayed out

Jump to solution

Go to the menu here on this forum, enterprise support, endpoint security products, then endpoint security.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Have there been any changes at all?  Such as extension upgrades, new extensions, changes to system tree, etc that might possibly inadvertently change permissions?  If you set up a test account with same permission set and log in with it, is it also grayed out for that account?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Yes I have updated extensions recently, the 5.6.1 Agents extension for example.  One other odd thing I noticed with ENSM installs of 10.6.1.x on the product tab it no longer shows the full descriptive product name - instead it has format like ENDP_GS_1060MACX .  I've seen that format previously when software is uninstalled but never after install.  Is that the new format for 10.6.1.x or is something else going on?

I will try your suggestion of a test user with an identical permission set.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Yea, we noticed the change in the ens description - you might ask that point product team, as that is controlled by the ens point product and extension.

You might want to also check the permission set under agent settings to see if there are possibly any changes that the extension made.  My test servers are down currently, so I can't test that myself. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I created a new permission set with identical permissions.  Ping is still grayed out.  User still has Wake Up agent functionality.  Assuming it was a permission change, what permission setting would allow wake-up agent but not ping?  I don't see any settings that would explain that.

How do I contact the point product team regarding the ENSM products tab issue?

Jump to solution

OK Ping button issue is resolved.  I had user use the Directory management menu Ping option to see if it would work.  It worked and then the Ping button was enabled.

Only issue left is how I contact the point product team regarding the ENSM products tab issue.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Go to the menu here on this forum, enterprise support, endpoint security products, then endpoint security.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community