Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madbo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Permission sets

Hello,

We have ePO 4.6.1 (Build: 1192). We are creating new permission set and granting to it only this right

Endpoint Encryption

• Allow administrator recovery

but when we login with user with this newly created permission set the user can see Menu > Automation > Server Task Log and we don't want that.

We are following the steps from this post https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/blog/2011/02/23/setting-up-role-based-access-co...

Please advise.

Message was edited by: madbo on 2/9/12 8:03:54 AM CST
5 Replies

Re: Permission sets

Hi madbo, I don't think it's possible because if you set a permission to view or exxecute server tasks then he must be able to access the server task log.

The only way would be to delete all permissions for server tasks.

DLarson
Level 12
Message 3 of 6

Can you post screenshots of what your permission set for this role loosk like? Only one permission should be checked - "Allow administrative recovery"

madbo
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for joining the discussion DLarson,

Please find attached 3 screenshots, number 1 and 2 are how the permission set is created, and shows that only the "Allow administrative recovery" option is checked, and the 3th screen shows what the test user assigned to this permission set can see.

Message was edited by: madbo on 2/17/12 5:37:02 AM CST
madbo
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Anyone? The problem still exists.

Hi,

I assume you had no luck with this?  I posted the same question and no one has answered either.  I did raise this with McAfee support, and they just said this is by design, yet it worked fine in previous versions of EPO!!

Nick