cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission sets questions

Permission sets questions

Hello guys,

i'm not able to find anywhre in McAfee documents and Knowlidge base detailed description of permission sets in EPo 4.5. I need to know the permission sets impact.

Does anyone have such paper or document which to explain all in details.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

7 Replies

Re: Permission sets questions

I do not know any special document but what is your question/problem with the permission sets ?

Basically i need document with detailed explanation of each permission set.

Only found a description for the HIPS permission sets:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD20749

I doubt that there is a "central" description of all sets as the sets are created by each product group (vse, hips etc.).

If you have any questions on special permission sets functions I would try to explain it ...

What i could say is that we need Deatailed description of  all sets, but the most important are these for EEPC 6.

Not to sound coy, but why do you need descriptions for these Permission Sets? Are you learning about the product, or do you need to present information to someone else? Is there a particular requirement that you are concerned about?

I have always viewed the default Permission Sets as a suggestion or starting place. The real value and beauty of this feature is that you can rather easily control hundreds of different permissions for various aspects of each product managed by ePO. And with the AD group-mapping, the maintenance has been lowered dramatically.

For smaller organizations, Permission Sets usually aren't a huge deal. But for large organziations, one's with specialized roles and/or separation of duties, this aspect of ePO can be amazingly useful.

--Joel E.

You are totally right that's why i need Such document.

Any suggestions??