cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change on ePO system made a mess

I needed to update my password on my test box the other day.  It has DLP 11, and ENS 10.5 on it. 

I changed my password and was no longer able to log on to the ePO.  It would no longer connect to the database which it shares the same computer.  I tested the connection and the connection was good.  Test was performed using my udl file on the desktop.  No matter what I did, and went around for two days I could not get the connection back.  So I re-installed my ePO.  Nothing else was removed.  The re-install of course made a new Agent package, and I have that ready to go.  In fact I have run it, but it is not showing up in my new ePO console. 

In order to remove the old Agent and get the new one in and communicating I need to remove all the old DLP and ENS.  I try to uninstall via the Add/remove and DLP asks for a removal code, that can not be created as it is not installed and ENS asks for the password.  Please note, I never added a password.  I wrote all my steps down.  I have tried no password, mcafee (as per KB and Prod guide) as well as abcde12345 and nothing.  I cannot get either of the DLP or ENS to uninstall so that I can install the new agent. 

If there are uninstall tools or tricks, please help.  I have been all over the net, all day and have not come up with a means to get these off.  And I am unable to wipe my test machine at this time.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

 

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Password change on ePO system made a mess

You should not have to remove the products to reinstall the agent.  Run it with a forceinstall option to see if that helps.  Make sure to run it under an administrative command prompt.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /forceinstall

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Re: Password change on ePO system made a mess

Thank you cdinet.

After some time and perserverance. I was able to get things back up and operational.  I had to forceably remove the Agent that I had originally installed.  Then once that was removed I was able to install the new Agent for the new installation.  I let that soak for an hour or so and I was communicating back to the new ePO install.  From there it was a matter of redownloading the versions of ENS and DLPe i was running prior to the corruption I caused and "bobs" my uncle  we are working again. 

 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator