cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PER: Allow multiple grant numbers in Software Manager

My company decided to purchase new licenses for ENS from another country because the price was cheaper. We still had drive encryption grant number from previous purchase that wasn't combined with the new grant number. Now I have two grant numbers and can only use one at a time in ePO Software Manager. Would like to be able to use both at same time.

I was also confused by the downloads webiste because it does allow you to combine two grants numbers and then gives you mulitple license keys when you do that. Made me think I could take those license keys and use them in ePO Software Manager but none of them worked. I had opened a tech support case about this and wasted their time and mine with this issue. My sales rep wouldn't answer my requests about this at all.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: PER: Allow multiple grant numbers in Software Manager

Call customer service instead of tech support and have them merge the grant numbers into one. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I'm being told by tech support that I have to get with my sales manager. I did attempt to contact the sales person who I have always had interaction with but they did not respond to my requests. I was given another person's contact info at McAfee by tech support and they said they are my sales manager. I've never had any contact with this person they provided but I have sent them an email to see what they can do for me.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

No, the sales manager probably won't help, as they would also have to go back to customer service.  What was your SR number that you opened?  I will make sure it gets changed for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Oh that would be great if you can help.

SR# is 4-18522332718

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Ok, that technician did go through the proper steps to have the accounts merged, but ran into a problem that he sent you instructions for.  That is as far as tech support can go since it is a licensing issue that we have no access to in support, including me, since I am in support.

"since the grant number provided are from different country and they will not be able to merge the grant numbers. 

Without the grant number and license key merged you will not be able to see the MDE under licensed version under software manager.

If you want to merge the grants fill out a Transfer of License (TOL) form all licenses can be transferred onto the one account and Prod Support could then consolidate . Please work with you Sales account manager to have this processed since they are the right team who can help you in taking this further."

I would call customer service and ask them about the transfer of license form.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community