cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krobin
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

P10 with ePo 5.3.3 (build 279) - VSE deployment successful on EPO but missing from W10 stations.

First the good news... Patch 10 applies to stations which were on Patch 9 and the agent does install on new stations.

But... Since P10 was downloaded to EPO, Windows 10 stations do not install VSE automatically like they used to.

Pushing VSE automatically or manually shows "successful" in EPO but it's missing from the PC.

I looked at the windows logs and found one entry that might be related.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Anyone experienced this?

2 Replies
krobin
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Re: P10 with ePo 5.3.3 (build 279) - VSE deployment successful on EPO but missing from W10 stations.

Some more details.

I have since updated to EPO 5.9.1.

We use windows 10 1607 for workstations.

Also, on software manager

the install - windows (Patch 10) is at 8.8.0.1906 (current branch)

Patch 10 is 8.8.0.10 (current branch)

management extension is 8.8.0.611

Reports extension is at 1.2.0.373

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: P10 with ePo 5.3.3 (build 279) - VSE deployment successful on EPO but missing from W10 stations.

The com server error may or may not be related.  What agent version are you running?  If you are not at 5.0.6 latest, please test with that.  The install logs for VSE are in the windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory.  Do they show successful or failed?  A mer would be helpful - mer.mcafee.com.  When you run it, run it as administrator and choose the McAfee agent and vse as the products.  We can look at the logs then for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.