cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g0nz0uk
Level 7

Outlook freezes when an email arrives

Hello,

We use Outlook 2013 and Mcafee 8.8 (1804) and the 5.0.4.283 agent.

When an email arrives Mcafee will scan the email, but lately Outlook will freeze while this happens and the "Mcafee Process Validation Service" in task manager hits about 30% on the CPU.

If I turn off the "On-Delivery Email Scanner" all is ok, if I turn off any of the individual settings within that I get the same issues.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tao
Level 13

Re: Outlook freezes when an email arrives

Double check your Outlook VSE exclusions; Plan antivirus scanning for Outlook 2013

Old KB, it may be worth reviewing the MS link to see if it applies to your environment:

"Cause: While this appears to be caused by the VSE Email Scanner, examining a Windows Performance Recorder Trace of the node reveals excessive wait time being consumed by Microsoft MSO.DLL.

Solution: This issue is not caused by VSE 8.8. Microsoft has indicated that correcting the Autodiscover provisioning alleviates this problem. Autodiscover is the mechanism used by Outlook to find the appropriate Exchange server. If Autodiscover is incorrectly provisioned, it can cause Outlook functionality to be dramatically impacted."

Slow performance with Microsoft Outlook when the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Email Scanner is enabled Technical Articles ID:   KB86832 Last Modified:  3/22/2016

McAfee Corporate KB - Slow performance with Microsoft Outlook when the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Emai...

0 Kudos