cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand Scan: Default + additional file types. Where I can find this list in EPO?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using EPO 5.3.2  and I'm configuring On Demand Scan Task. Under the detection tab there is an area called 'Scan items'. The 3 choices are All Files, Default + additional file types and Specified file types.

My questions is about the default + additional file types. Does anyone have a list of these default file types?

Where I can find this list in ePO?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tao
Level 13

Re: On Demand Scan: Default + additional file types. Where I can find this list in EPO?

Jump to solution

Doesn't appear there's a list; the Default files setting scans a list of file types (specified in the daily DATs) against only threats that affect those file types. For example, a Microsoft Excel file will be scanned for macros, because that threat can affect this type of file. The file will not, however, be scanned for threats such as Portable Executable infectors because that threat type is not relevant to the file type. This setting can improve performance, but is not as secure as scanning all files.

McAfee Corporate KB - The difference between scanning with Default files and scanning using All file...

5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: On Demand Scan: Default + additional file types. Where I can find this list in EPO?

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from Business General Discussion to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)

For better Assistance.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Doesn't appear there's a list; the Default files setting scans a list of file types (specified in the daily DATs) against only threats that affect those file types. For example, a Microsoft Excel file will be scanned for macros, because that threat can affect this type of file. The file will not, however, be scanned for threats such as Portable Executable infectors because that threat type is not relevant to the file type. This setting can improve performance, but is not as secure as scanning all files.

McAfee Corporate KB - The difference between scanning with Default files and scanning using All file...

Jump to solution

Hello Tao and thanks for the answer.

Do you mean that there isn't in EPO settings the list of file extensions that defines the Default file type list?

I'm sure to have seen it in the past but I don't remember where.

Thanks

tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Doesn't appear so

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos