cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS Scanning of Removable Devices

Hi All,

I have browsed this Forum and found several discussions about this topic but all of them are a few years old with no real updates on them so here I am with a new posting.

My company and I are planning to roll out workstations that are specifically configured for 1 purpose and that is to scrub or scan and clean removable devices.  The workstation will be as biasic as it gets with C drive, DVD Drive, network connection for system OS patches and updates and Mcafee.  No email, internet is proxy controlled and will mostly not be used.

The purpose of this workstation is for personnel, including outside vendors, to insert their removable drive containing firmware, patches or updates, have that scanned and then they can proceed to the production systems or machines to perform their tasks.

is there a way to create a group that contains only these special workstations and have a policy for it to scan upon insertion of anything?  is there something i can add the Virus Scan Console on the workstations?

We have EPO 4.6.6 and VirusScan Enterprise 8.7

thanks all

Pete

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: ODS Scanning of Removable Devices

I moved this from Home products provisionally to ePO for better support.

thanks

Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

not possible with vse, but a tool like this would do the trick

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/automatic-scan-for-virus-when-plug-in-usb-flash-drive/

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community