cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers discrepancy between systems with App installed versus Policy assigned.

Hello, in ePO, I have 1421 Windows workstations (Windows 7, 8, 10)  1249 have SiteAdvisor Enterprise installed. 

However when I go to Policy Catalog and look a the SAE policies, it shows under Assignments only 548 systems are affected for each policy. Clicking on edit confirms that only 548 systems currently have policy "xxxx".

Where is the discrepancy? What am I missing?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Numbers discrepancy between systems with App installed versus Policy assigned.

We can't really answer that without looking at your environment, comparing systems missing from that list with system properties.  You should probably open a ticket so someone can check that.  If you run a query under queries for managed systems and filter it where sae product version value is not blank, what number does that come up with?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Numbers discrepancy between systems with App installed versus Policy assigned.

Hi thank you for replying.

Yes, I do plan on opening a ticket, however, I wanted to check out the community first and find out if anyone else has a similar situation.

If I understand your question, 1249 is the number.  to break it down.

ePO reports 2146 items. Of these, 1421 are workstations (Windows 7, 8, 10...not server OS). And of those 1249 have SiteAdvisor installed. (I revised my initial post to reflect that).

However, when I go to each SAE policy, such as General (User-Based Policy), Prohibit List (User-Based Policy) etc, the affected systems are only 548.  What policy are the remaining 701 systems getting, if any?  

In the policy catalog for SAE, there are 7 different policies. Each has the McAfee Default policy, and at least 1 duplicate policy that we created and named. Of those, only 2 have the McAfee Default policy and more than one duplicated/customized policy.  The McAfee Default policy is assigned to Global Root and only one duplicated policy is assigned to My Organization.  The rest are set to None.  Now when I click on the My Organization assigned policy, this shows only 548 systems are affected/assigned.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community